- Can we try your gelato before we book?Yes of course you can! We welcome you to indulge in a FREE gelato tasting session at one of our convenient locations in Melbourne - 104 Ormond Road, Elwood and 331 High Street, Northcote. There's no need to book, just let the team in store know you are tasting for your event and they will look after everything. It's the perfect opportunity to explore our gelato menu and discover your favourites!
- How can I get the most out of my gelato cart? Some tips about what works best!
Please read on for some tips on the timing that we have found work best over the years!
TIPS ON TIMING:
- DON'T book the cart immediately before lunch or dinner (your guests will probably be saving room for the meal).
- DON'T book the cart during speeches - and allow time for your speeches to run a little over schedule!
- DO book just after dinner or after the speeches.
- DO book post ceremony (as long as it is not immediately before a meal).
TIPS ON WEATHER:
- The gelato carts can can be extremely successful in the colder months but remember to book inside! (We don't love standing in the rain!)
- No matter the season, it's a great idea to have a wet weather plan in place!
THE BEST TIP OF ALL:
- DO get excited and remember to let your guests know the gelato is going to flow like crazy but only for a limited time!! After all, how many times in your life are you going to have all you can eat ice cream!
- How far ahead should I book one of your carts?In terms of booking a cart, it is simply first in best dressed. Generally we suggest booking at least six months in advance, but our best advice is to lock it in as soon as you know you want the booking. Please note that our carts can book out up to a year or more in advance. Unfortunately we cannot hold dates, and your date can book out in between your enquiry and when you lock in by paying a deposit. We recommend securing your date as soon as possible to avoid disappointment!
- Do you take a deposit?Yes there is a 50% deposit to secure your booking upfront, with the rest due one month prior to your event. Please remember that we cannot hold dates and your booking is not confirmed until we have received confirmation from you via the deposit.
- Do your carts need power?Our gelato carts are self powered, which makes life super easy. We just roll them into position, serve you and your lovely guests as much gelato as you can eat, and roll them away again at the end of service.
- Do you also serve cannoli at events?Yes we do! Following the rave reviews about our cannoli from Elwood, we’re very pleased to announce the addition of our brand new cannoli cart! Indulge your guests with the cannoli that are taking Melbourne by storm at the moment! If you’d like both a gelato cart and a cannoli cart, please mention this in your enquiry form and we’ll provide you with a quote.Alternatively if you wish to book a gelato cart, we can also offer you a side table of our handmade fresh filled cannoli! Please contact us for prices.
- Do you charge a travel fee?We only charge a fee for events that are outside of our Melbourne Metro map. Please get in touch with us for the price of travel to your location.
- When will you arrive for my event?Our carts are super versatile and we aim for the smoothest and most fun gelato experience around! If you’ve booked dessert for 9pm for example, we’ll arrive around 8:30pm, roll the cart into position and start scooping right on time at 9pm. It’s as easy as that. No fuss and no stress!
- I have guests with dietary requirements. Do you cater for them?We make a range of flavours that don’t have dairy, gluten or nuts as ingredients. We do our best but unfortunately we can never guarantee that any of our flavours are completely free from allergens like TREE NUTS, PEANUTS, SOY, GLUTEN, MILK, EGG and more. We take all the right steps but there’s still a chance of cross contamination during production, and during service. If your guests are highly allergic (anaphylactic) we politely suggest that they don’t consume our gelato.
- Can I have extra service time?In our experience the timing included in our packages is usually plenty to serve all of your guests! If you have more guests or are after a longer service time for another reason, please ask us and we will be able to work together to find the best option for you! Generally extra time is charged per half hour block. Please get in touch and we will happily provide you with a quote!
- I've found a cheaper price, can you match it?Although we understand that budgeting can be difficult, if you are after a cheap option we may not be the best fit. We never compromise on our ingredients, our product, our service standards, and most importantly - we don’t compromise on our staff. We are a family business with a full production facility that meets the standards of Dairy Safe Victoria. We simply could not provide you with the quality of service and product you deserve - nor pay our wonderful staff properly - if we were to lower our prices. Thank you for your understanding and supporting our small business.
- Can you have the cart in position earlier?We sure can! If you need us in position earlier in the day we can drop off the cart and have our lovely staff return for the start of service. The fee for early drop off depends on the location of your event. Please get in touch for more details. In general the cart works best when we roll it into position just before service - this way everyone sees the cart coming and it gets exciting! Just make sure your guests know that we are only there for an hour (or a limited time) to make sure they don't wait until later before grabbing a gelato (or two!)
- Tell me more about those gorgeous carts!That’s not a question, but ok! Our beautiful carts are all made in a small town called Giarre in Sicily. Each one is purpose built for gelato, with a 6 hour cooling system designed to keep the gelato perfectly frozen inside the pozzetti for hours ready to serve to you. The vintage design perfectly complements any wedding. We currently have 7 carts in the following options:
- Slim - red or gold trim
- What’s your policy on refunds, rescheduling and cancellations?Our general policy is that if you cancel more than 3 months before your event, we’ll return your deposit to you minus an $80 administration fee. You are welcome to reschedule your booking up to 3 times before charges may apply.
- Do you have a special policy in place if my event is cancelled due to COVID-19?Yes, given the difficult circumstances around COVID-19 we think it’s wise to plan ahead and be as flexible as we can. In the event of a snap lockdown, or if you or your partner are required to isolate, we’ll refund the whole balance if it’s more than 48 hotrs before your event. If it’s less than 48 hours before your event, we’ll retain the 50% deposit to cover staff, preparation and administrative costs. Thank you for understanding. For our full terms and conditions please click here .
THE CART OF YOUR DREAMS!
Whatever your occasion, we have the cart to make your gelato dreams come true!
For the last 10 years our unique luxury Italian gelato carts have taken centre stage at dessert time for thousands of happy wedding and corporate clients.
We are proud to say we are the leaders in ice cream cart hire catering in Melbourne. This is a truly interactive dessert experience that is loved by all and will leave your guests raving!
Big or small, weddings and parties, corporate events, brand activations… we have the best team of people working hard to make your event as special as it deserves to be!
So you can sit back, relax and enjoy the party!